Tuesday, December 24, 2013

My December offering ...

... Judith here, and my dress has been finished, just in time for Christmas Day! For this month I chose the popular Vogue 8766 dress, and whipped up View D, the sleeveless version with the straight skirt ...
The pattern did require lining, but I chose to just interline it instead, treating both fabrics as one. Then I used bias binding to edge finish the neck and arms ...  
Lovely dress, simple to pull together, but nothing fancy. Just a quick and easy to sew summer day dress. A few creative sewers have used this pattern to make more of an evening, dressier dress, and cleverly have used the simple lines of the dress to enhance their fabric choices ~ very astute sewers indeed! Anyway, more info on this dress at my blog made by J ... 

And next on the list for me in this challenge is, fingers crossed, is to make myself a version of the infamous Vogue 8904 ~ the Shingle Dress! I had soooo many positive comments from the one I made my daughter that I think my turn has come. The plan is to have this one knocked out of the sewing room by the end of December ... or not ... I have the fabric and am ready to cut ...  

Hope you are all having a bit of a break at this time of the year, be it a break from sewing, creating, crafting and hopefully a well deserved break from work. Rest up, spend time with your family and enjoy yourselves totally. 
Merry Christmas from Down Under ... J




2 comments:

  1. Looks Good! I like that lining tip of "treating both fabrics as one". :-) Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Judith and welcome - lovely dress - I did wonder how it would turn out. Interlining is such a great way of sewing.

    ReplyDelete