Saturday, December 28, 2013

January's project



PMB Knit Cardigan and tank top

This is my January project. I drafted the pattern using PMB Knit program. It is a basic cardigan and a shell top. I've used these patterns before. This time I made some changes to see if I like the fit better. I had originally drafted the pattern with a v-neck but changed it to a scoop neck so it would work better with the cardigan. If this turns out well, I can use the pattern as a sloper and just draft different front pattern pieces. The program uses a dartless block but I need darts in knit tops. My dart is really small so I will just ease it into the side seams.

The only change that I made to the pattern was to narrow the shoulders of the cardigan. I have a full bust but very narrow shoulders. The knit program will not draft a shoulder seam that fits me so I have to manually change the pattern. You can change the shoulder length but I can't figure how to do it when the garment has sleeves. I may to tweak it a little but more during the construction. I cut the pattern out with 1inch side seams. I've been making myself baste the side seams to check fit first. Sometimes I forget and I'm not thrilled with the final garment.

Fabricmart Sweater Knit




5 comments:

  1. Hi Towanda - this looks like a beautiful twinset - and the fabric is lovely too - looking forward to seeing the finished garment - do please post it, - if not on you, then at least a picture of the garment. That way you will gain more confidence :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the style of this twinset and the fabric looks perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! A "knit program" sounds adventerous. Excited to see the final and read details of construction.

    Thank you for sharing.

    Cheers,

    Lyric

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is going to be lovely, and looking forward to seeing the completed project.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh. love (LOVE!) twinsets. Can't wait to see it.

    ReplyDelete