Wednesday, December 25, 2013

December's Creative Juices

Hello sewists:

One place I read Lady Sarah Liz "collects" our items but after accepting the invitation I see "posts" where people are sharing their December creations.  Okay, I'm just going to share here and if this is not the proper place perhaps it'll just be deleted or something.

Anywho, I started out with making a Lois Hines skirt pattern from my stash.  Don't know WHY I waited so long to make this skirt.  The Brussels Skirt, pattern #1105 by Textile Studio.



 I’ve chosen a black fabric from my stash.  The fabric was one of the finds from the Quilting and Sewing Supplies blessing that I wrote about recently.  The fabric was not labeled but it is woven and feels like a double-knit.  Normally I would not buy double-knit; however, since this one is black and not overly thick it doesn’t have the cheesy appearance of many of the knits I have seen.  Plus, I am making it for daily use in the ministry and it will need to take a licking and keep on ticking.  This will do the job.  This Brussels skirt will be a mainstay of my skirt wardrobe.


This is me trying to pose like the model on the pattern envelope, LOL.  Additional details here:  http://www.sewandcro.com/embellished-button-skirt/

As if that wasn't enough I decided to tackle a longyi.  Love them; oh so comfy.

Details here:  http://www.sewandcro.com/making-a-longyi/

Cheers,

Lyric




5 comments:

  1. Hi Lyric and welcom e - yes, some people are posting early, but that's fine too - it's a great way to start :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,the skirt is great and wearable in many occasion.

    As Sarah sais:welcome to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks Great on you! I love the simple elegant lines of those patterns.
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lady Sarah, JBB, and SewTypical:

    THANK YOU so much for stopping, smelling the coffee AND responding. This really makes me feel good today that someone cared enough!

    How sweet, the welcome.

    Now I need to spread the love and see what the other gals (and perhaps guys) are doing.

    Cheers,

    Lyric

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lyric - That is certainly the spirit to embrace :)

    ReplyDelete