Tuesday, December 31, 2013

December Garment: Made It!

Whew, just making it in with my December dress, Kwik Sew 4013. Good thing I'm in North America or I'd be just too late :)

In any case, here's my colour blocked winter dress, lots of black going on but I hope some more festive floral as well. No trouble making this one except for the usual kerfuffle about size. Must get that straightened out in future... This is complete except for the bottom hem, which will be done later tonight. More info on the whole process can be found on my blog, Magpie Makery.

Here's the front view,
with added pockets
And from the back, where the need
for hemming is more obvious!

7 comments:

  1. Great dress. Looks really comfortable as well as stylish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is very nice looking. I love color block clothing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice dress, terrific construction details too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a really pretty dress - the blocking looks fantastic and works nicely with the ruched midsection (which I assume is elastic) - both give a gorgeous shape :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the blocking on this dress.. Such a pretty pattern.Happy sewing.

    ReplyDelete