Friday, December 20, 2013

Chris Lucas - Self Drafted Maxi Dress from RTW

Hi everyone, I'm Chris Lucas and I only joined Make a Garment a Month Challenge this month and I set myself a challenge to draft a pattern from a RTW (Ready to Wear) maxi dress that I've had for a few years and was one of my favourite go to dresses for wearing around the house.

I'm happy to report my pattern turned out great and I not only made one maxi dress I ended up making three of them and they not only will be worn around the house but I'll be wearing them on my two week Christmas vacation to Bali which we leave for this Sunday morning.

Here's a pic of the first maxi dress I made


This is the second dress...

And here's the third one I made


Now that I have a maxi dress pattern that fits me perfectly I think I'll be adding a few more of these to my wardrobe.

I've blogged about my December challenge here http://chrislucas.com.au/posts/maxi-dress-self-drafted-pattern/ if you'd like to pop over for a visit... oh and if you do drop by be sure to say "Hi" as I love meeting fellow sewing bloggers :)

Looking forward to seeing all your Make a Garment a Month Challenges and joining in on the fun with you in 2014.  

Merry Christmas 
Chris :)

5 comments:

  1. Great maxi's and will be perfect for your holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chris and Welcome,

    I agree with Sharon - all gorgeous and a credit to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice dresses and they all look great on you, but my favorite is the second one. I love the fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all for the lovely compliments! Happy to report all 3 dresses have been worn on my holiday here in Bali and we're still in the 1st week and we're here until 4th January so I'll be sure to get more wear out of them over here. Plus I know for sure I'll wear them LOTS as well when we get back home. I definitely think I'll be making more of them as they're just so comfortable to wear and I feel great in them. My fav though is definitely the second one I made as I just love the print :)

    ReplyDelete